Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Back to School

I should probably write an end of summer post but today is all about back to school.  Kids are back with great classes and teachers and our days of "no screens from 9-5" and "find something to do or clean the house" are over.  Between homework and practices, hopefully Mason will keep helping with the cooking and dishes and Delaney with the laundry, but I'll probably have to pick up some slack.  Sigh.  Yes, they were bored by the end of summer and yes, they were ready to go back to school, and yes, I was ready for some peace and quiet.  But I'll miss having 3 little people around to help me out and keep me entertained.  Too bad the homeschool sales pitch hasn't worked yet.

Moving forward!

7th grade for Mason - new school, new teachers and new friends.  Off to a great start with many classes with friends from the last 3 years at Parkview and his first years at Shasta as well.  He's excited for the bigger school and freedoms junior high can bring.  Best part of his first day was learning that although Computers wasn't his choice elective, the teacher is chill and there is NO HOMEWORK.  He'll take it.


5th grade for this girl - she desperately wanted Ms. Granicher and she got her.  Her fabulous group of friends from last year's class were split between 3 classes, but they know where to meet for lunch and there are new friends to make.  And a couple from last year are in her class as well.  Best part of her first day was playing dodgeball and basketball and learning that they will do PE at least 3 times a week, and maybe even 5 days a week.  


3rd Grade for this one - After a year in a 2/3 Combo class, she's back with her 3rd grade friends and ready to take it all in.  Thinking about it, I'm not sure what her favorite part of the day was, or what she's excited about - but I know she's ready to roll!  I'll have to come back and edit this once I figure it out.  Sounds like there is a good rewards system set up in class that she has bought in to, and lots of personal responsibility which is perfect for the organized 3rd child.  How she puts up with me, I'm not sure!

Happy Back to School Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment